Thursday, July 10, 2014

An Un-Announcement


I had a draft of a blog that I had written for after I announced the pregnancy. It was just mushy mom stuff. Like how I can't wait to hold my new baby and watch him/her stretch it's tiny arms and legs out every time I pick them up. But instead of that post, this.

the little announcement that happened on this blog a mere few days ago was excruciatingly bad timing. If I would have waited four days more, I wouldn't be here UN-announcing my pregnancy.

I had a miscarriage. And it was traumatic and horrible.

So now if y'all are wondering why my tummy isn't getting bigger in the coming months, you now know why.

What a random time for me to announce I'm pregnant, 9 weeks?! Who does that. I've learned my lesson though and will be a little more hesitant to tell the world of what will  hopefully one day be wonderful news again. Wonderful news that sticks and doesn't need to be taken back.

It tricky scary crazy business, the whole miscarriage thing. I would recommend it to  nobody. But I'm so very grateful for the hope that so fervently remains in my heart, as well as my  baby jane who can make me happy in the midst of great loss.

We will be ok.
"The Lord giveth, and The Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of The Lord"

8 comments:

  1. I'm SO sorry Kerri! You're right you will be ok.. but give it some time! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that Kerri! You are a great mom and you will be blessed with so many kids in this life and the one after. ;-) Stay strong! I wish you all the blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I announced my pregnancy with Emma after 9 weeks, after we saw her on the ultrasound! I realized how dumb that was haha. I'm sorry you had a miscarriage, it isn't fun at all. If it brings you any comfort, 1 out of 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage! Hopefully you got yours over with! Hang in there girl, at least you have Jane to comfort you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel bad for announcing it at 9 weeks. There's no shame in having a miscarriage, it's nobody's fault. I think that culture of ours is stupid where we all feel like we're supposed to wait till we're "in the clear" before letting anybody know. I say you shout it from the rooftops as early as you'd like, and let people rejoice and celebrate along with you. There is joy in new life!! And if it ends, as it sometimes does, then others can sorrow and mourn along with you too. Otherwise you're going through a really hard thing and nobody has any clue. I don't see why it can't be talked about openly. We'll keep you guys in our prayers and wish you a speedy recovery, physically and emotionally. Love you Kerri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I actually totally agree. I have never been able to wait til 12 weeks and i dont know how people do. Then when I was writing this, I found to therapeutic and realized I'm kinda glad I announced it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine.

    When I first got pregnant I remember thinking there was no way I'd tell people early just in case. Then I got super sick and realized that there was no way on this planet I could keep it hidden til 12 weeks even if I tried, so I don't blame you. :)

    I'm always grateful for people who are brave enough to talk about things like miscarriage in a public(ish) setting, so thanks. :) I hope you are doing well. :) Praying for you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss. I've read that there are a lot of people who are actually glad they announced their pregnancy so early, even if they had a miscarriage because they had a ton of people supporting and comforting them. I'm sure it doesn't make what you're going through any easier, but at least you know you have a lot of people out there who love and care for you.

    I hope you and your husband find comfort in this time of sorrow. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am praying and will be praying for you and your family. That sounds really trite and off-handed, but please know that I'm sincere and actually, for real - I am praying. I can't even imagine what you are going through, but God has a purpose for it! I have no idea what it is, but He does. He promises so - Romans 8:28. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...