Motherhood right now is....
- Simple days spent mostly inside our home. There is a beauty in our simple days.
- Negotiating all day with a straight up THREENAGER. I've been reading the book "Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids" and I love it. However there is no section written on senselessly independent and irrational threenagers.
- Staring at my baby staring out the window at the beautiful falling snow. Flapping her arms, rocking her body, and grinning at those entertaining snowflakes.
- Telling the same stories from my childhood over, and over again. Her favorite story is the one where I had to get stitches in my chin after I split it open on the kitchen table, She can recite it word for word, and I can sometimes catch her telling that story to her babies as she "puts them to bed". Yes, that story is becoming my legacy.
- Hearing her yell, as she is mixing ingredients: "Look! I'm a mommy!" Do you seem a theme? I find some comfort in the fact that, even though there are times when she is SO thinking I'm the worst because I won't give her a cookie for breakfast or I cut up her pancake wrong, all she really wants is to be exactly what I am.
Motherhood right now is something I will miss with all of my heart one day. I can't imagine doing anything that can refine me and stretch me as much as being a mother! Every mother I know is amazing, because every mother is trying her best. And there are times when you have to dig down real deep for that "best". I am grateful for the growing experiences these children give me. I know that I'll never be perfect, but I can at least teach my children that when you're not perfect- you can fix it! Say sorry, try harder, smile more, pray more- and eventually your "best" self will be something you're quite proud of.