Wednesday, September 19, 2012

one month anniversary


yes. i'm one of those.
one of those who makes a big fat deal out of my
drumroll... one month anniversary!
ok so maybe not a big fat deal...
more like a blog post and an ice cream date kind of deal.

but i still think it is pretty cool.
this guy has been my husband for a whole month now
{as of yesterday, yeah a little delayed here.}
i remember thinking my wedding day would never come
like, legitimately thinking that it would never come.
and now it has been a month since.
a month full of love and cuddling
lots of it.
a month full of finding new things out about each other
seeing sides of the other we done never seen before.

there have been many moments that i wished
there was a "freeze-a-moment" button.
maybe there is an app for that?
those are the moments when I'm like...
shut. up.
these feelings cannot be real,
i can't possibly love someone this much
and feel the same amount of love from him.
the moments when the world stops spinning
and i just sit there and try to soak up every ounce of it-
it fills me up and seemingly oozes out of my countenance.
those moments completely contrast and trump the harder ones
its such a miracle- love love love.


i'm such a sap, i know.
get used to it.

some of my favorite married moments so far.
+leaving the house at 5am (every morning) and some days not coming home until 10pm, this is my favorite because  then we extra appreciate some quality cuddle time.
+going to bed bath and beyond, literally taking anything off the shelf that we want, racking up $300 worth of stuff, and not paying a dime thanks to wedding gift cards :)
+going to our marriage and family class together
+sometimes we have ugly dance parties with each other
+making jeffrey a lunch everyday and putting little love notes in them {I've been waiting for that my whole life!}
+successfully recreating a homemade version of Jeff's favorite meal: cafe rio pulled pork salad. mmm :)
+getting random calls throughout the day "hey wife, just wanted to call you and say i love you" :)
+every night jeff wraps his arms around me and says the sweetest things to me, drowning me with praises.
+every couple of days we just sit and talk, try to figure out how we can improve our relationship and make each other happier. those are the best conversations.
+the times when we some up with hypothetical situations that we hope will happen when we have little  frizzy headed andersens running around :)

so yeah, happiest one month to us!

6 comments:

  1. very cute post. Married life is the best, isn't it??

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you two...I just love you! I'm so happy that you are so happy. I can't wait to BE that happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you both so much and I love that you love each other so much. That's a lotta lovin!! Happy one month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me so want to get married (Once I actually find someone I can love that much). Thanks for being the unique couple that emphasizes that awesome, amazing things about marriage instead of always just saying marriage is way hard. You're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! The one month mark is exciting and definitely worth celebrating! Congratulations to you two! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...