Thursday, January 3, 2013

ugly



i miss being on vacation with family already.
i miss my mom! all the time actually.
something about being pregnant makes you want to worship your mother. 
so it was great to spend some time with her and my dad and my siblings.

it was the most chill 3 day visit ever. and i loved it.
we mostly just watched movies, ate yummy food, sang songs
oh and did this beastly puzzle.
maybe a better adjective would be Christ-like
get it?
i might be a huge nerd, but i am very proud of this!
my mom helped a lot too, probably did more than me to be honest-
but it was stinkin' HARD! look at the border. 
all the pieces look the exact same.

my mom modge podged it together and is gonna hang it up in her work.
i mean why not right? it has a built in frame!
which alone took like 7 hours to put together....

my brother willy was complaining about never being in my blog.
so here is his moment of glory:
this is a unique boy.
he likes to golf, hunt, play basketball, and watch surviving in the wild shows.
he spent his christmas money on this.
and i bet my bottom dollar he can make you laugh any time of the day.

him and i are in an exclusive club together called "The Uglies"
we have jokingly yet legitimately dubbed each other as the ugly ones in the family.
seeing as the other two siblings {"the pretties"} are models. 
we have learned to embrace it.

let's compare.

the uglies:

the pretties:

see? it is quite obvious.

keep in mind my sister is 12 and still super gorgeous.
i won't even bother scarring you with a picture of me when i was 12.
further proof i am an ugly.

oh and just look at those luscious locks!
PLEASE refrain from comparing them to my scraggly lion mane.


you win some, you lose some.
unfortunately for my parents, their genes only won 50% of the time.

next time i see willy, you can guarantee that at some point
we will high five each other and proudly proclaim:
"ugliessss!"





9 comments:

  1. i think we just can't believe any noises we can hear our neighbors making. we heard our neighbor upstairs snoring. one day you'll have a house and it'll be glorious not hearing other peoples' noises! and seriously, getting married and being pregnant made my mom and i the best of friends. i pretty much called her everyday asking her a question about cooking or my ever changing baby growing bod. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep I've heard snoring before too- in my previous apartment! haha. yep, moms turn into superwomen once you finally start to realize what they went through! haha

      Delete
  2. First, that lady probably thinks she's super good and is doing you a favor. Five bucks says you'll be able to point her out at church on sunday-those loud voices seem to carry through the chapel. Second, Josh and I laughed SO hard at the uglies part, dude you're blog is freaking entertaining. I love it. And third, that puzzle does look like a beast-credit to you and your mother there.

    XO,
    Lauren
    PS you didn't answer my two text messages I sent you over break....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks, and I'm sure ill be able to point her out too. that puzzle was a beast and i know I'm the worlds worst texter. i was going to text you yesterday because i remembered you texted me but i also forgot. gonna go ahead and blame it on the pregnancy, just like i do with everything. haha

      Delete
  3. Shoutout to Willy!!! You two are NOT the uglies!!! I think your all equally good-looking.

    Thanks for linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. hah, I love doing puzzles, too. I actually might have bought one for my husband for Christmas...ahem...not that that's totally nerdy or anything.
    I nominated you for a Liebster award :) check out my blog for more details if you want to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! You are so not ugly! And neither is your brother! You are such a good-looking family- ALL OF YOU! That is hilarious that your brother wanted to be on your blog! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance. .Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that started last night. It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...