So i decided to give it a try at home- where it wouldn't cost $50...I'm always apprehensive to attempt a "copycat" recipe because if it doesn't taste like the real thing, you feel like a dud.
IT TASTED LIKE THE REAL THING. (totally not a dud today.) We stuffed ourselves with lettuce rolls and didn't even feel too guilty because- if something has lettuce in the title, it's impossible to feel guilty.
it was actually really easy. the only thing that took forever was cutting up the chicken breasts into minuscule pieces. i would recommend getting the pre-cut chicken to save time because after that it takes about 15 minutes! fast, easy, healthy, and delicious = 10 star recipe for me!
(this is really making me want more...mmmm)
aaaaand this entire skillet was empty 20 minutes later. (no, we did not have company.)
1 lb. chicken breast (or pre-cut/ground)
1 can water chestnuts
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1/4 C peanuts, chopped
1/4 C hoison sauce
3 Tablespoons sesame oil
1 1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons ground ginger (i used the powder)
3 teaspoons sriracha sauce
1 Tablespoon rice whine vinegar (confession, i used white wine vinegar and couldn't tell the difference)
1 head of iceberg lettuce
if you want dipping sauce with it mix hoison sauce and soy sauce-
we opted out of the sauce because it was plenty saucy already...ha.
1. cut up chicken into small pieces
2. heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil on skillet and put chicken in- toss until cooked.
3. while chicken is cooking, cut onion, garlic, peanuts, and water chestnuts
4. toss garlic and onion into skillet and mix with chicken for 5 minutes
5. add the hoison sauce, 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, soy sauce, sriracha sauce,vinegar, and ginger
6. once chicken is coated evenly, add water chestnuts, and peanuts. stir for 5-10 minutes until everything is coated and warm.
7. take a scoop of the chicken mixture and put it on a big piece of lettuce- ENJOY!!
(YOU'LL THANK ME LATER)