Friday, February 12, 2016

Prague-ity PRAGUE BLOG.

Prague feels like a dream! I canNOT actually believe we live close enough to Prague for it to be an easy day trip. Jeff and I were always looking forward to coming here together, and we feel straight up giddy about the fact that we can come whenever the heck we feel like it. Jeff was the best tour guide. I loved hearing about the history and all the cool little details, along with the little nooks and crannies that are off the beaten tourist path.



(For those of you who don't know- Jeff served a 2 year mission for our church in the countries the czech republic and slovakia, and 15 months of that he was in Prague.) This city is unlike anything else I have ever seen. Most big famous cities have a few spots that achieve the "WOW" factor but Prague is basically an entire city of WOW factor. Wanna see for yourself? Hop on over the pond and Jeff will give you the grand tour.

By the way. Please note how I am writing the CZECH REPUBLIC. NOT CZECHOSLOVAKIA. Say the latter in the presence of Jeff and you will be promptly corrected. ;) Seriously dude, the countries split in 1992. That's the year I was born, so you've had 24 years to get it in your head.

It was a freezing day, even though the forecast said 50 and sunny. JOKES. I guess the credibility of iPhone weather app can only be so high. So glad we dressed warm! But all the walking kept us from being too cold. Jane's FAVORITE part of the day, hands down, was riding on the train and the metro. She couldn't have cared less about the amazing buildings, famous bridges, and spectacular castles surrounding her.

So this awkwardly turned into a Kerri/Lyla photoshoot because jeff kept saying "I already have a picture in front of this, I want a picture of YOU in front of this!"

 ^^ doesn't jane look THRILLED?!
 A fulfilled dream of his to kiss a girl in Prague :) I'm glad it's me.
 ^^ this is just too spectacular. Every where you look, it's unbelievable. 

 ^^ the best czech restaurant. And guess what! My un-adventurous taste buds loved czech food! Jeff was so proud. :) Also, Jeff had a smack down with the lady there. I got to witness a heated czech argument! What this country lacks in customer service, they make up for in ovocne knedliky. (delicious fruit dumplings drenched in cream and cheese...not really something I can adequately describe but is so delicious!)
^^ catching bubbles in the namesti (prague town square)
^^ of course this baby was a total and complete angel. I could NOT be more obsessed with her. She is my constant mood booster. My little ray of sunshine, and my peace of heaven.
 ^^ Jeff's mission home. He was in total happy shock being there again. This whole trip was seriously surreal for both of us.

 We just drove on up to prague one morning, spent the day there, and drove home. How cool is that? We walked ALL over. Jeff had me guess how far we walked and I said..."uhm, maybe like 2 miles?" and he said "UHM more like 8 miles!" I still don't quite believe him, but he does know Prague a LITTLE better than I do.

aaaaaand after this trip is when we decided it's time to invest in a good camera because it's such a shame to be in such a beautiful place and to have the pictures we take not even come close to doing it justice. ya know? So hopefully our next trip will include some non-grainy, crystal clear pictures. And maybe I'll even do my hair. You never know how lucky you're gonna get....

oh and we bought a selfie stick. because #tourists 

1 comment:

  1. Kerri, I love these pictures and you look so so pretty and that picture with the water and buildings behind you should be a postcard.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...