Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Army Mom Life

When Jeff told me he would be gone in July (after he was told he could stay) I burst into tears and let myself have a good cry. This is so unlike me since I usually don't even think about him leaving until maybe the day before. I just knew that it would be a long, hard 5-ish months coming ahead and I was scared. I have so many wonderful people in my life who decided to help me carry this burden by praying for me, and I just want to write it down so I never forget- I am feeling those prayers! (Mothers prayers are particularly powerful, I've felt.) Jeff also gave Jane a blessing before he left because she always has a HARD time when he is gone. I just can't come up with any explanation for how happy things have been around here other than prayers, priesthood blessings, and ministering angels lifting burdens, carrying me, and bringing light and love into our home. There has been a special spirit and love that makes me teary to think about. I just can't go another day without writing it down because what an incredible tender mercy. My girls haven't been perfect, but they have been gleaming stars of goodness. True examples. They've offered soft answers and service to me and to each other. I've been tearing up and crying a lot lately over sweet things they say and do. 

Today Jane came over to cuddle me and she said "I love you mommy. SOOOO Much!" and she just smiled and we basked in our loving bond. She said "Mom. you should be crying right now!" I asked why? And she said "Because this is such a beautiful moment!"

I can't make this stuff up. She is a spiritual giant. 

We have been having SO much fun together. I've somehow been able to go of some of the pressures of other outside responsibilities, which I sometimes allow those things to dictate my life and schedule-- but now my focus is to just enjoy my girls. And I have been doing that, immensely. We have had so much fun learning together, playing games, creating things, playing together, singing together, and serving together. 

A few scriptures we've learned lately that have helped us all to remember to speak more kindly to each other:
"pleasant words are as an honeycomb; sweet to the soul and health to the bones" proverbs 16:24
"a soft answer turneth away wrath, but a grievous words stir up anger" proverbs 15:1

Their love is so sweet. 
 Water pouring station. Lyla's face in the picture below is SUCH a jeff face :)
 Bean and cheese burritos & guacamole. Literally on repeat because I made a huge batch of burritos right after jeff left so we would have them for easy dinners. None of us are sick of them yet!
SAVAGES
Jane is really doing great with reading. She loves to read to Lyla the ones she has memorized. She has a good amount of books memorized and she memorizes them quick so when we actually read books, it has to be a book she has never read or else she won't be sounding anything out, and just reciting.


 Sunday naps are so heavenly!

While I mowed the lawn, I set up a dirt + soapy water station for the girls so they could give their toys baths. It kept them busy for awhile, still trying to decide if the mess afterwards was worth it ;)
 ^^ whenever lyla does something wrong or I try to discipline her, she bursts into tears and runs into Jane's arms. Jane just hugs her tears away.
Lyla has been waking up at 6 am every morning so I get an hour of alone time with her every morning. I wish it started at 6:30 instead of 6, but I'll take it :)
 Both girls conked out after an afternoon of rock climbing. Mine and their newest favorite hobby. I found some awesome ladies in the area to rock climb with and it's my FAVORITE thing. The girls have a blast climbing on the smaller wall, and cheering me on as I climb. We all love it.
 Jane wrote this card that, according to her, says "People are happy when they obey"
She doesn't quite understand the placement of words when she is writing a sentence. She will just write the words wherever they fit. But I'm always impressed when she whips out something like this all on her own.






The 4th of July is just NOT as cool when you have no family to celebrate with. But we made the most of it with a bunch of 4th of July crafts, a lesson on the real independence day, some youtube videos to go along with it, and Jane and I made a book of American symbols. (statue of liberty, flag, bald eagle, washington monument, white house, lincoln memorial, liberty bell, etc.) She has been happily pointing out these things lately when she has seen them. We also had our neighbors over for a BBQ and then went to the party they were having on base with a bounce house, balloon animals, food booths, and a 3 hour line to get your face painted that we were only smart enough to avoid after waiting for a whole hour.... haha. Jane had a blast though and kept thanking me the next day for taking her! 

 Another one of Jane's letters. This one is for uncle brendon and aunt kacee :)

^^ Jane dressed up for her very first princess birthday party. 
We've been having a lot of play dates too. It's always a fun challenge to try to entertain a bunch of kids with different ages and interests at the same time.


4 comments:

  1. You got this (strong arm emoji!)
    Also when Lyla runs into Jane's arms when disciplined. Same here. I can barely discipline Sawyer or Capri these days bc they tag team me. Haha! #motherhood

    ReplyDelete
  2. This spoke volumes to me..

    "the pressures of other outside responsibilities, which I sometimes allow those things to dictate my life and schedule-- but now my focus is to just enjoy my girls. And I have been doing that, immensely."

    So many times I feel guilty that my "to do list" never gets any shorter and that my home looks like a tornado literally blew by 33 minutes ago. Your words made me feel awesome. Twenty years from now I am not going to be worried about how the garage was organized. I am going to hang on the memories I made with my wonderful active full throttle little man.

    God Bless You and Your Family,

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerri
    It's been so long since you last posted. We miss hearing from you. I hope you and your family are all well. Bronwen from South Africa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...