Friday, February 8, 2019

Hiatus Over, Friday Night at the Andersens.

I honestly have always been so annoyed when I had a blog that I loved to read and then all of a sudden they would just drop off the earth and stop writing. I prided myself in being consistent, but, alas, I am one of them now. There is too much to catch up on so I won't even try. My baby is almost one, and I've got one or two blog posts to show for that. 

Tonight we had Friday movie night, the girls' most beloved weekly tradition. We made homemade pizza rolls together tonight and Jane helped to make them. I usually do pizza of some sort on Friday nights. I also make homemade popcorn and put it in one of those little small cardboard popcorn boxes like at the movie theater. Tonight they watched Enchanted for the first time and I think I enjoyed it more than they did. In fact, I'm sure that's the case because Lyla loudly declared "I hate that mean witch and the movie!" And Jane said "I only liked the beginning and the end." Those girls are super sensitive about "scary" movies. Their list of approved movies is short. The live action Cinderella, Leap, Tinker Bell, Sound of Music, and Toy Story. 

Cooper crawled around the house eating the crumbs of popcorns dropped by the girls. (I only let them eat in the living room on Friday nights with their popcorn, and it is such a treat for them!) He was also chasing balls, throwing them, and meticulously pulling each book off of any shelf he can reach. That boy has a wild obsession with Balls. Ball is his official first word, and his second he just recently learned: Uh Oh. He says either word any time he has a chance, and there are MANY chances. He will purposely drop his pacifier just so he can say "uh oh". We are all so smitten with that happy, calm baby boy. His sleep has been a bit wonky lately, but I think that's just because we went on a trip and he was thrown off. I will try to be more patient tomorrow if he wakes up at 4:45am again.

Jeff spent the night in his wood room making me a shelf and a picture ledge. He is becoming quite the handy man. It is totally a win win situation. He recently finished making the girls a much needed art table! It has been quite the hit.

My goal for this weekend is to have meaningful learning experiences with each child, to have a good hard workout, and to be present, calm, and happy. Also to do lots of post-vacation laundry and scrub the walls.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to blogging, Kerri! So lovely to hear your news. We look forward to lots more blog posts, especially of Cooper!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...