Friday, June 24, 2011

Awkward and Awesome.

I'm going to tell you a few of the awkward and awesome things that have occurred in my life in the past couple days.

AWKWARD.
1. Going babysitting at 9 at night and knocking on the wrong door. Seriously. Who does that? The lady who answered looked like I had possessed green eyes whose only intention was to steal her children.
2. Being a non-crier and randomly bursting out into tears after a missionary farewell talk (like my 99th one, i should be used to it by now). The missionary just pretends he doesn't see my leaking eyes and awkwardly says "uhhh you'll be fine Kerri."
3. Someone at work telling me I have dirty footprints on my butt in front of like ten other co-workers. uhhh...pretty sure nobody stepped on my butt. I definitely would've noticed.
4. One of my co-workers sticking a key chain that says "hottie" on my register, walking away, and not talking to me for the rest of the day. What do I do with that?
5. Volunteering at the air force and trying to make small talk with the basics. "how was your day?"... "it was just great ma'am" (they say in a sarcastic robot voice)
6. Driving the wrong way on a one way street and getting a huge serving of honks with a side of mini heart attack.
7. Someone telling me that I look like I'm 24. I honestly don't know whether to take that as a compliment or a put-down. So I threw it into the awkward category.
8. Standing right next to the little kid I'm babysitting as he tells this random lady that her baby is ugly. I tried to casually run away from him as if I didn't know who he was.
9. Having one ear that is popped and one that isn't. It's like my voice is on speaker phone in my own body.

AWESOME
1. My brother mowing a smiley face into our lawn.
2. Jimmer drafted as the 10th pick in the NBA.
3. Driving down Pikes Peak during sunset and looking down what they call the "bottomless pit"

4. Getting pictures sent to my phone of three different temples in two days. Courtesy of Hannah Bishop being on vacation.Here is my favorite:

5. Being reunited with my roommate after 6 months.
6. Watching the Bachelorette with my brother and 9 of his closest friends...who were so quiet by the way. NOT.
7. My dad seeing my toes and pulling out money immediately for me to go get a pedicure. I guess this could be awkward too since my feet are obviously horrifying- but I got money and a pedicure so I'm calling it awesome.
8. Getting 3 letters in 3 days from awesome missionaries. Charlie (Hong Kong), Neil (Bulgaria) and Jared (Paraguay)
9.Helping my friend Jessica make her wedding invitations. First time I've ever done that. Aren't they cute?

10. Putting on my dream wedding ring. (I know, I know too early to even think about that, right?) But I just loved this ring. Even though I'm light years away from getting married, I tried it on and got butterflies. Weeeeird! It's my friend's mom's second wedding ring. It looks A LOT better in person but here is a rough depiction of what it would look like if I were engaged and had the ring of my hearts desire. Although there are plenty of others I'm sure I'd love to.

LATER


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...