Sunday, July 24, 2011

Things That Matter Most...

I had a great lesson in relief society today. It was just perfect.
You know how sometimes you hear something that you've heard millions of times...
And all the sudden it just clicks and applies and really means something to you?
Well that happened. We talked about optimism and faith.
It reminded me of a freaking AMAZING talk I recently read by Elder Wirthlin
titles "Come What May and Love It"
regarding this phrase he said:
"I don't think this suggests that we suppress discouragement or deny the reality of pain. I don't think this suggests that we smother unpleasant truths beneath a cloak of pretended happiness. I believe that...if we approach adversities wisely, our hardest times can be times of greatest growth, which in turn can lead towards times of greatest happiness."

 President Uchtdorf agrees with this quote and this video goes with it perfectly.
Don't sweat the small things, because those are what really make up the big things. 
Everytime I hear President Uchtdorf's voice, I am immediately full of the spirit.

Moral of the story: 
"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured"- Pres. Hinckley

"The next time you're tempted to groan, you might want to try to laugh instead. It will extend your life and make the lives around you more enjoyable." - Elder Wirthlin

There really will never be a point in anyone's life where everything is suddenly perfect. We can't wait around for that to happen. We have to laugh, have fun, work hard, and most importantly- LOVE. Love the Lord, and consequently those around you. And that right there, my friends, is how you enjoy life.

LATER

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...