Sunday, August 14, 2011

HAPPIEST :)

Family reunion, weddings, baptisms, patriarchal blessings, church, friends, adventures, shopping, temple.
That is the formula for one of the best weeks of my life!
So my mom's side of the family had a reunion this week. It was here in Colorado Springs
When everyone arrived, I was so happy I felt like I would explode.
Overwhelmed also, because I wanted to spend time with each and every person there.
I love them all.
Im going to interrupt this blog post for some comic relief.
"Knock knock"
"Who's there?"
"Ahh, there is an owl in the house!"
*Courtesy of my 3 year old cousin Logan*

There were A LOT of laughs at the family reunion. And a lot of love, fun, and games.
See for yourself :)
{By the way- I won all of the card games that were played. Just sayin.}


All the cousins lined up oldest to youngest. I love this picture. Don't I look like a gladiator compared to all of them?

Holding a nasty crawdad

Corinne caught the biggest one!

Family Hike- all of us cousins on top of the rock

Climbing Up

My uncle Micah is hilarious

Sunflower girls. :)

I did all the girls' hair. It was so fun. I love this picture!

Willy holding a crawdad.


My aunt Monica. I love talking to her! She was my running buddy for a couple days. We woke up before the festivities and ran 6 miles together.

The end of the reunion fireside. I love my family more than anything!

My Uncle Jared is one of the funniest people I know. He picked a big nasty roots-and-all sunflower.

So at the end of the reunion, I had a melt down. I just didn't want it to end.
This caused a chain reaction and within ten minutes me and my aunts were on the couch crying together.
I am SO BLESSED to have such a wonderful family.
It sounds cliche to say that, but I really mean it.
There really aren't words.

So to top of this wonderful week. One of my very best friends in the whole world- Amy, got baptized!
She has been coming to church and seminary for a year and a half.
And she finally got permission from her parents- right before I leave for college- to get baptized.
It was an AMAZING thing to witness someone that strong start a new generation of latter day saints.
She has touched so many lives already and that will continue and snowball for the rest of her life.
I love this girl!
She looks GREAT in white :)
After her baptism, we went to the temple. It usually takes 50 minutes to get there.
Lats night it took us 2 and a half hours.
 ....We got a little bit lost....
Basically, everytime it was possible to take a wrong turn, we did.
Curse Denver and its one way streets that don't allow us to turn around.
Not convenient one little bit.
We thought a GPS would fix everything. 
Until we realized the directions were leading us to a random LDS church in the hood part of Denver. 
We laughed, got out of the car, and took a picture in front of the church. 
It was just too funny to not have documented.

But we finally made it to the temple! And it was worth it!

Jumping picture fail. One of many :) Hahahaha

Those guys are my best friends :)



I love this one :)




Moral of the story...Great Life. 
Oh and that whole letter drought thing may have ended too :)
and tomorrow is my LAST day of work!
Uhm let's see. I'm trying to think of something bad that happened.
So you don't think my life is like a cheesy disney movie. (minus the prince charming of course)

Uhhhhm. I got nothin. 



Song of the day: Ships in the Night by Mat Kearney

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...