Saturday, April 28, 2012

see ya later

this past week has been one of the best weeks of my life!
i felt like jeff and i were already married. 
we drove alllll over the place to visit family- 
we went to idaho and spent time with our families
then to st. george to visit my grandparents
then to bountiful for my best friend's wedding
then to colorado where he dropped me off, and then left for washington DC.
for the summer.
we will be apart for 3 and a half months.
and the longest we have ever been apart thus far is 2 days
and those two days were torture.
but anywayssss
here are a few pics from our road trippin' adventures :)
(ok just from idaho and only because my dear mother in law took pictures)
3 of my new great sisters in law
most of the awesome andersen family. i really love them all so much already.


i haven't allowed myself to really think about this dreaded moment of separation.
it still hasn't sunk in, to be honest. 
therefore, i don't feel sad right now.
i feel calm and peaceful.
being apart is not ideal
but it will be ok.
i still am marrying the greatest guy ever
he will still love me when we see each other again.
honestly, it would be dumb of me to be sad right now.
he is my dream come true- 
the man i've been wishing and hoping for throughout my entire hopeless-romantic life.
and even though i won't be physically with him 
i know he is all mine, forever.
and knowing that makes it really hard not to smile.

I'm just happy to know that
goodbyes are not forever
unless you want them to be
for me, this goodbye-
 it is simply a temporary distance between 2 people who love each other
that will ironically pull them closer together in the end.
it's beautiful in a way, 
and just one more experience that will make our relationship stronger.


i am sorry for the sappy-mushy-gushy-lovey-dovey ness.
but not quite sorry enough to refrain...
you might wanna get used to it.

also. best smile goes to....this guy
so cute right?
i love that picture

6 comments:

  1. Kerri that was beautiful!! I love you so much and i'm so happy for you! good luck this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely know the feeling of being away from the one I care for... I've had to do that for 2 different summers with my boyfriend. Still, good luck to you, and I'm happy for you and your fiance that you're so happy together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerri,

    I'm a blog stalker but because I'm also one of the hundreds of relatives you'll inherit when you marry Jeff I thought it was a little more justified. We also have the same blog title. I love this and I'm so glad I got to read your love story. It makes me so happy! Thanks for staying at our house the other night! I was so glad to finally meet you. I hope these next three months fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerri - Dave and I had the same thing before we got married. He was gone for about 2 months and I didn't see him until the day before we got married! It was hard but good in a way - because it tested the strength of our relationship. That was MANY years ago!!! I love your beautiful blog - you are such a beautiful girl both inside and out and I'm thrilled and happy for your sweet love story. Take care girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Kerri! We love you too!! So glad I finally got to meet you last week. About time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...