Here is the recipe. Im going to apologize in advance for the not so great picture i have. Just trust me, it tastes a lot better than it looks :)
SKINNY WISCONSIN CAULIFLOWER SOUP (with zucchini)
1 head cauliflower
1/4 C flour
3 Tablespoons butter
2 C milk
1 1/2 C water
1 can chicken broth (NO MSG, please&thank you)
1 1/2 C sharp cheddar
1/2 C pepper jack
Salt & pepper to taste
1. chop zucchini into small triangles, sprinkle with garlic salt and cook in a separate pan on medium-low heat, covered. you will do everything else while the zucchini cooks
2. saute chopped onion and butter in skillet until onion is a golden brown color
2. add flour and stir for a couple minutes until it is all mixed together
3. gradually add milk and STIR like your life depends on it. then add water and chicken broth. continue to stir, constantly. (your arms should be sore by now)
4. add chopped cauliflower, heat until boiled
5. reduce heat and cover the skillet, let cauliflower simmer for about 15 minutes until tender.
6. When cauliflower is tender, empty entire skillet into the blender
7. blend until velvety smooth :) let the steam escape from a hole in the top of the blender.
8. add blended cauliflower mixture into a pot, cook on medium heat until hot.
9. reduce heat, then add cheese and salt to taste.
10. Once zucchini is tender, add to the soup.
I served this soup with some delicious garlic parmesan breadsticks.
EASY GARLIC PARMESAN BREADSTICKS
3 T garlic salt
3 T parmesan cheese (the real kind, not the powder-y stuff)
2 T butter
1. let rhodes rolls thaw for 4 hours
2. once soft, roll into long breadstick-like worms.
3. Melt butter
4. spread tiny bit of butter on each breadstick
5. sprinkle garlic salt over each breadstick
6. sprinkle parmesan cheese over each breadstick.
7. cook in oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees, or until golden brown on the bottom.
obviously it was so delicious that i didn't remember to take a picture until it was halfway gone....