Tuesday, March 31, 2015

AZ Highlights

 I do have to say that while I was in Arizona, I got this crazy notion that it was actually summer. I come home to utah, pack all her winter clothes away and then go outside and realize it is no longer 90 degrees. And that I should probably go get those winter clothes out again.

It was so fun to spend time with a lot of my family. And they were so nice to let us crash their party for quite an extended amount of time. My dad, and two siblings were there along with 7 cousins, 2 aunts, and an uncle. Jane learned to love a couple handfuls of new people in the two weeks we were there, and they efoortlessly loved her right back. It made me happy.

I miss waking up at 6:30 in the morning and going on walks with my janie. Barefoot, pajamas, and bedhead! The quality of our exploring was not affected by our attire, thank goodness. In fact, I'd say it was enhanced. Jane saw her first orange tree, and sniffed so many flowers. According to her, they all smell "SO GOOD!"

We also spent ample time in the pool and at the park. Although some days, it was so hot that the slides burned her legs. On those days, that made the decision between the park and the swimming pool quite easy :) What a life. 


Look at these beautiful curls. I love her hair! 

 ^^ not me in those two photos above, that's my sister. I actually do not have any semblance of a flat stomach at 24 weeks pregnant.



How could it be that going down the same slide 30 times in a row could elicit this same overjoyed expression each and every time? I don't know, but it's one of the things about kids that makes being a mom pretty rad.


It's also eternally hilarious when she kicks me as she swings towards me and I flail around and yell as if I'd been fatally wounded. Giggles for hours. Or until my voice gets hoarse.

Arizona gets it. The sun is sometimes so unforgiving and thirst quenching, and that's why they've created frozen masterpieces like the one pictured below. I felt no guilt or regret as I treated myself to one of these bad boys. The cup says it is shaved ice, but i've had my fair share of shaved ice in my life, and it is actually SO MUCH MORE than shaved ice.

Gosh darnit, I either wish I was a freaking good writer so I could explain to you exactly how it tasted, Or I wish I could invent a machine that would allow me to keep it in its perfect frozen consistency and mail it to each and every one of you.


One more thing I will give the Arizona sunshine credit for is for getting this pregnant body to exercise. It's constant rays were beckoning me to tie up those laces and get my heart pumping. It did my soul some good.


Jane and I also went on a date one day to Jamba juice. I love Jamba juice because they have so many healthy options that are just so delicious. Jane and I always share the orange/carrot smoothie. I don't know what it is called, but I do know that between the two of us, it doesn't take long before we are sucking vigorously for the last few drops.

Since we are on the subject of food and deliciousness, I might need to mention her favorite meal of the entire trip.  My dad made homemade chicken alfredo, and she was definitely in her element stuffing her face with that pasta.

Along with going on walks in the early morning, we also played in the sprinklers. Meaning, Jane played in the sprinklers and I kept my distance while snapping pictures.

I cant very well move on from this post without mentioning the shopping portion of the vacation. This is me and my shopping buddy, caught in action. Jane was probably eyeing something in the window that was "so cute!". Well actually, it is more likely that she was staring at the Pretzel place. It became apparent to me that mall pretzels are the real reason she ever agrees enthusiastically to go shopping with me. Oh and escalators? They kind of make her world go 'round.

And I can't forget about Jane's first pedicure. My aunt Rachel took us both to get pedicures. So nice! Jane loved it and right when we were done she bent over and smudged her own nail polish off, and then proceeded to smudge her nail polish over my freshly painted toenails. So she ruined two pedicures in about one swift movement. Luckily those asians can fix a pedicure in about 2 seconds flat. 

On sunday, we matched. And I insisted on a photo shoot. I don't have an unbiased opinion whasoever, so I can't very well make any remarks like "she is the cutest little girl ever"...but I mean I wouldn't blame you if that thought popped into your head while looking at these pictures.

 Thanks Arizona, you were pretty good to us. And william, you have been and always will be the king of photo bombing.


1 comment:

  1. Ah! I've been dying for an update. Why is your life "so cute"!? Man, the reality of my cute little girl is that she is constantly covered in something on her outfits, snot is pouring down her nose which sticks to her hair, which for the record, looks like Einstein hair most of the time. But I love her and think she's just as cute, so I guess all is well. I am just in awe at the model baby you have portrayed here. Also, you are always so positive about motherhood. I love it. You love it all. I am working on loving it all, even the snot in the hair kind of stuff. Miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...