Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Zucchini Quiche (Brunch Idea)

Remember that one time when I spent all morning and the previous night preparing for a brunch that I had invited people to come to? And then last minute everyone cancelled and Jeff and I were left alone to scarf down all this delicious food. We kinda high fived each other though, because I mean...bacon! It's a rarity over here. I made a zucchini quiche and thought "why stop with the zucchini?" and made some healthy-ish zucchini bread to go with it.

Then I just whipped up a bowl of fruit salad and made some bacon. (I baked it in the oven with tin foil and I am NEVER going back to a skillet.)

And voila! A perfectly delicious and mostly healthy brunch! I have another brunch idea back here and here. I'm kinda obsessed with brunches...and I have them quite a lot. Last semester I made a brunch nearly every saturday for my husband and his HUNGRY army friends. I can't wait to have an army of teenage sons to feed one day. :)

So here is how you make the Quiche:

You'll need:
2 small zucchini or 1 large one
1 C cheddar/mozzarella cheese
4 Eggs
2 Tablespoons Milk
2 slices of deli turkey (optional)
Salt to tast

1. Preheat oven to 375

2. Cut zucchini into thin slices

3. Sprinkle salt all over zucchini, toss with fingers and let sit for 20 minutes

4. With a paper towel, give all the zucchini slices a good squeeze to get out excess moisture

5. Grease the pan with a tiny bit of olive oil or butter.

6. Layer bottom of pan with thinly sliced zucchini

7.  Sprinkle 1/8 C of cheese over zucchini

8. Beat 4 eggs with 2 tablespoons of milk, salt to taste, and cut up deli turkey.

9. Pour egg mixture over layer of zucchini

10.Add another layer of sliced zucchini over egg mixture 

11. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the entire thing. 

12. Pop in the oven for 50-60 minutes until cheese is golden brown.

Dig in and enjoy!





 While I was cooking, I gave jane an apple and it kept her happy and occupied throughout the whole process. My little apple monster!

2 comments:

  1. I have a couple zucchini in my fridge...I may just have to make this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy! I'm gonna' try it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...